Greta Servitto Scores 1000th Point

Greta Servitto ’24 has been a vital part of the AOSE basketball team since her freshman year. After four years of varsity basketball, Servitto scored her 1000th career point on January 26th against Mountain Lakes. Surrounded by friends and family cheering her on, she achieved her monumental point on a foul shot. To get to this point, Greta scored 72 points her freshman year, 246 points sophomore year, 355 points junior year, and 327 points so far this year. She is a force to be reckoned with in the paint, while also being a threat from three-point range. Earlier this season, Greta scored a career-high of 34 points in the team’s 58-54 win over Kittatinny. While leading the AOSE basketball team in scoring the past three years, Servitto has also tallied 702 career rebounds and 96 assists. Greta is also the backbone of the Panther defense with 101 career blocks and 81 steals.

Not only is Servitto an amazing player all around the court, but she is also a role model off the court. Teammate, Kayle Brody ’25, explains, “[Greta] works hard and is an athlete, but her character is what is most inspiring,” and, “She is insanely humble on and off the court, always rooting for everyone else around her before even thinking about herself.” Greta has been voted captain for the past two years due to her leadership and helpful advice for her teammates. She is friendly and well-spoken, yet she also knows when to push the team, to motivate them to perform their best. She comes to practice ready to improve every day, while also having fun with her teammates. Her dedication and incredible work ethic are truly reflected by her amazing game-time performances.

After she graduates from the Academy, Greta will continue her basketball career at Susquehanna University in the fall. Congratulations Greta on an amazing high school career so far and good luck in the rest of the season!

View Comments (2)