Say Hooray For Field Day

Photo by J. Ziaya

Fun at Field Day 2022: Stevie Robinson, Melisa Hidalgo, Alea Bediner

What better way to spend a day than participating in a school competition? With Field Day approaching on May 23rd, here’s why you should be excited. 

Last year, Field Day was really enjoyable according to sophomore Madelena Benegas: “I got to spend time with my friends and compete against other classmates which brought us together.” Freshmen are looking forward to what Field Day has to offer. “I can’t wait to compete against the other grades,” comments freshman Julia Calderaro. Julia adds, “I’m pretty competitive with sports, so I hope Field Day meets my expectations.”

Now, about this year’s Field Day. You can show your team spirit by wearing face paint and tutus– or other fun accessories with casual clothes. Each grade has a color: freshmen– green, sophomores– red, and juniors– blue. 

Field Day is run by our National Honors Society students. Junior NHS member Ava Montaruli commented, “There’s going to be stations with different activities run by NHS members.” Ava goes on to say, “One station has a hockey net, and another is set up for tug of war.” Students and teachers will be participating, so it looks like teachers won’t be able to stay on the sidelines. “There will be prizes for sportsmanship, points, and spirit,” says Ava. 

Remember, Field Day is an outdoor event, so don’t forget to bring sunscreen and water. Lunch will be provided. You didn’t hear this from me, but there will be a surprise at the end of the day. Don’t forget to say ‘hi’ to Lizzie and let all NHS members know their hard work shows. Looks like Field Day this year is going to be a blast!